Midwest Christian College was founded in September 1946 and had an enrollment of 33 students that first year. The campus first consisted of three large converted apartment buildings at 1500 NW. 26th in Oklahoma City. As the enrollment increased more room was needed and eventually the campus was relocated to what was once the Hales Estate near N.E. 63rd and Kelly. The 35 acre campus allowed the college to continue growing, spreading out with classrooms, dormitories, and even a gymnasium.
With just the support of Christian Churches and donations the college continued to grow and increase its enrollment. Midwest peaked in attendance during the late 1970’s to early 1980’s, and became fully accredited in the state of Oklahoma.
On July 1, 1985, Midwest Christian College of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, consolidated with Ozark Bible College on the Joplin campus under the name of OZARK CHRISTIAN COLLEGE. The college grew numerically from the mid 1980s until the present. A new record enrollment was set in the fall of 2005 of 849.
Today the attractive campus includes the Chapel, Missions Building, Seth Wilson Library Building, Casteel Administration Building, Dining Hall, Multi-Purpose Building, Mabee Student Center, Missionary-on-Campus Residence and Hospitality House, Hillside Building, Physical Plant Building and six Residence Halls. A strong faculty consists of twenty-eight full-time teachers and thirty-seven part-time teachers. The current student enrollment is between 600 and 700. The college today continues to prepare men and women for vocational and volunteer Christian service. The college reaffirms its historic purpose by teaching the Word of God to men and women who will be equipped to teach others also (2 Timothy 2:2).